Position: Project Engineer (M&E or Civil)
1. To assist Project Manager to complete project by providing for technical support
2. Follow defined project design, quality, programme, cost and safety management process & system for working scope allocated by Project Manager
3. Serve as the key contact for communication efforts regarding project scope, planning, scheduling, manufacturing status, installation, field start-up and maintenance issues.
4. Take a leadership role within the group, and to mentor other project members as required.
1. Implementation-take full responsibility for the whole process of project implementation including design, tendering , application for government approval, kickoff preparation, construction, completion and guarantee period.
2. Design-support the function department to produce the design brief, review the design proposal from DI and join the design review meeting.
3. Tendering-conduct the tendering including pre-qualification, document preparation, tendering issuance, on-site survey, opening, inquiry and answer, submission of assessment report to recommend the qualified contractor
4. Construction kickoff-arrange and monitor the preparation of temporary water, electricity, drainage, communication and road by contractor or employer
5. Construction-Manage and monitor the site activity among employer, supervision and contractor, as well as the project construction to achieve the project target in terms of high quality, on-time delivery, within budget and HSE compliance. Manage the change of work scope and the variation valuation.
6. Completion inspection-coordinate the inspection and acceptance activity, identify and document the key lessons and achievements, conduct the document filing
7. Based on GLEEDS’ project management process, coordinate and deploy company resource in a cost-effective way to fully deliver the scope of GLEEDS service and to get the employer satisfaction, develop team member and PM himself through the project implementation.
8. Coordinate the relationship among contractors, supervisors and ER
9. Draft all related project plan and project report, lead project meeting, review and release the document issued to all related party.
10. Inform the financial department to release the payment advice based on the contract agreement, follow-up the real payment to company account
Education & Qualification
Degree of Civil Engineering, Construction management or M&E Engineering
Knowledge & Experience
1. At least 5 years project management experience
2. Comprehensive knowledge of Project Management for Real Estate, Industrial, High Rise Building, Retail, Shopping Mall, Building Refurbishment (all fit out), Hotel, Office etc.
3. Knowledge of design management
4. Knowledge of tendering process management
5. Knowledge of contract document, good understanding of FIDIC conditions
6. Familiarity with government approvals process
7. Knowledge of project programme scheduling & monitoring
8. Experience of site construction & safety management
9. Capable of interpersonal and communication skills, academic writing skill for project reports
10. Office software, Autocad 2000, Microsoft Project and other necessary software skills
11. Able to work under pressure, be willing to travel and work for projects out of Shanghai
12. Spoken and written in English preferable
13. Working experiences from Project Management company or related consulting firms preferable
1. Understanding of GLEEDS’ responsibilities on the project
2. Ability to understand commercial
3. Must be able to understand and apply Employer Requirements